We’re doing our bit on climate change. It's time to make our political leaders do theirs. This election join a Walk near you and help us convince our political leaders to: Walk with the people. Not the Big Polluters.
While our political leaders have been squabbling, the rest of us have been getting on with the business of dealing with climate change.
We're going green and clean. We're reducing our greenhouse pollution and recycling our waste. We're saving water and energy, and buying greenpower. And we're forming climate action groups - all across the country.
Meanwhile our leaders have been all talk, backflips, and delays. They've given us rising pollution and a free ride for big polluters.
This election, help us put the pressure on our political leaders to:
- Make the polluters pay by putting a price on carbon
- Replace our most polluting power stations with clean energy
- Create new clean jobs and industries
- Guarantee to cut pollution over the next term of government
- Support poor and vulnerable countries to tackle the impacts of climate change and invest in sustainable development.
Join a Walk Against Warming event near you on Sunday, 15 August 2010 and tell the politicians it's time for them to face up to their responsibilities on climate change.
To see what's planned in your neck of the woods, click on your state on the list to the right.